1) What is a power bank?
A power bank is a device containing a battery that acts as an external charger for electronic devices which is portable.
2) Where are power banks manufactured?
China produces a large number of power banks.
3) Methods to charge a power bank
A power bank can be charged with the charger given with the package which connect directly to the wall socket or you can use a USB cable with the standard USB port on a computer as well as the power source of another power bank.
4) How long does it take to charge a power bank?
A power bank consists of different capacity depending on your use, a larger amount of capacity will require a longer duration of charge. An original charger connected to the wall socket will charge the power bank at its normal pace which a USB port from a computer will drastically slow down the process.
5) Charging time differences
The power bank charges normally at appropriate environmental conditions. A change in temperature and power flow can lead to slower charge. IEC standards suggest the environment to be at 20±5℃, humidity (65±20) % for normal charging rate.
6) What should you do if you want to leave your power bank unused for a long period of time?
Place the power bank in a cool and dry place if intended to be unused for a long period.
7) What is mAh ?
mAh means milli Ampere Hour which is the capacity of the power bank. All power banks are measured with mAh.
8) Can a 10000 mAh power bank charge a 1800mAh phone battery 5.5 times?
Given then numbers users have a misconception that a 10000 mAh power bank can charge a phone battery of 1800mAh capacity to about 5.5 times.
The calculation is made as follows:
REAL CAPACITY of the power bank *conversion rate * phone battery health / phone capacity = total charge
Example: 10000 X 0.8 X 0.8 / 1800 = 3.55 times of charge which also depends on the enviroment give take + or - 0.5-1 times charge.
9) What is conversion rate?
The remaining percentage of the battery after the battery lost in heat or PCB operation Conversation rate is Conversation rate.
10) What is phone battery health?
The phones battery health depends on the usage. A new battery charges to full and lasts longer while a battery used for 6-7 months will give lesser charge. This is due to the health capacity of the battery which is lowered over time and charges. Different phones also affect battery health where some lower it faster than other phones.
11) What is PCB?
A power bank includes a battery with a heavy charge to charge other devices with proper current, this is the PCB or the Printed Circuit Board. All the power operations are controlled by it which should be of good quality. This will allow the power bank to charge and stay durable.
12) What’s 18650 power banks and what is Li-Polymer power bank?
A 18650 type power bank is most common which has a capacity of around 1300mAh to 2200mAH
while Li-Polymer is a better battery that consists of a larger charge as well as durability.
13) What’s the common REAL CAPACITY in 18650 power bank in the market?
- Power bank using 1pcs 18650 is 1200mAh – 2600mAh
- Power bank using 2pcs 18650 is 2500mAh – 4400mAh
- Power bank using 3pcs 18650 is 3750mAh – 6600mAh
- Power bank using 4pcs 18650 is 5200mAh – 8800mAh
- Power bank using 5pcs 18650 is 6500mAh –11000mAh
- Power bank using 6pcs 18650 is 7800mAh –13200mAh
- Power bank using 7pcs 18650 (no info)
- Power bank using 8pcs 18650 is 10400mAh –14400mAh
14) Is there any 18650 type power bank with higher than 2200mAh charge?
Yes there is but is very uncommon due to the pricing.
15) Difference between branded power bank and generic power bank
A branded power back sells with the REAL CAPACITY which gives a lot more duration as generic power banks have a greater capacity which is heavier and not so portable. A 30000mAh generic power bank is equal to a 1200 mAh branded powerbank.
16) Will a branded power bank explode?
Batteries always have a chance to explode being a branded or generic doesn’t make a difference but the nearest possibility of an exploding power bank comes to negligible making it not very easy to explode.